Colorado School of Mines is the No. 34 public university in the United States — top among public universities in Colorado — according to the latest ranking of more than 1,400 colleges and universities from U.S. News & World Report, released today. Mines also appeared prominently on lists for best undergraduate engineering programs (No. 42) and best undergraduate teaching (No. 61).
Mines ranks No. 88 among all national universities, a category that encompasses public and private institutions that offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master's and doctoral programs, with an emphasis on faculty research.
Among national universities in the state, the University of Denver, a private school, was No. 80, University of Colorado Boulder was No. 103 and Colorado State University was No. 153.
More on Mines in the 2021 U.S News & World Report rankings:
- No. 34 Top Public Schools
- No. 42 Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs - Overall (Highest degree: Doctorate)
- No. 33 in Mechanical Engineering
- No. 68 in Computer Science
- No. 56 Best Colleges for Veterans
- No. 61 Best Undergraduate Teaching
- No. 88 National Universities