GOLDEN, Colo., Feb. 26, 2013 – Colorado School of Mines Trustee James Spaanstra was reelected as chair during the board’s Jan. 25, 2013 meeting.
Spaanstra, who initially was appointed to the board of trustees in 2008, is a partner in the law firm of Faegre Baker & Daniels. He has been in private practice for more than 30 years, developing one of the largest and most diverse environmental practices in the Rocky Mountain region. Additional background information on Mr. Spaanstra can be found here.
Also during the meeting:
- Trustee Vice Adm. Richard Truly was reelected as vice chair
- Trustee Vicki Cowart was reelected as secretary
- New Board of Trustees appointee Timothy J. Haddon and new Faculty Trustee Tissa Illangasekare took the oath of office
- Trustee Fran Vallejo was appointed as chair of the Finance and Audit Committee, with Truly and Haddon as members
- Trustee Stewart Bliss was appointed chair of the Strategy Committee, with Cowart, Haddon and Trustee Mohan Misra as members
- Truly was appointed to oversee the presidential evaluation process
Karen Gilbert, Director of Public Relations, Colorado School of Mines / 303-273-3541 / KGilbert@mines.edu