Colorado School of Mines received high scores at the American Society of Civil Engineering Rocky Mountain Student Conference April 4-5 at Colorado State University. Mines placed first for both the Overall Conference award and the Steel Bridge competition. The “Steel Standing” bridge team will be attending the National Student Steel Bridge Competition in Akron in May.
“As always, I was very proud of the way these students represented Colorado School of Mines!” said Candace Sulzbach, Faculty Advisor of the ASCE student chapter.
- 1st Place, Overall Conference award
- 1st Place, Steel Bridge competition
- 4th Place, Concrete Canoe competition
- 4th Place, Non-technical paper presentation - Ryan Logan
- 5th Place, Technical paper presentation - Jordan Downs
- 5th Place, Pre-Design competition - Melody Clay, Max Ransom and Peter Eisinger